Login to complete an entry or to access judging materials
WHO CAN ENTER THE NATIONAL MAGAZINE AWARDS
Entries are subject to the following conditions:
1. Print magazines must have been published at least four times during 2021 and must still be in existence at the end of the year.
2. Digital publications must have been launched before June 30, 2021, and must still be active at the end of the year.
3. Newspapers, newsletters, newsrooms and audio and video production companies, as well as websites associated with radio and television stations and networks, are eligible to enter every category except General Excellence (newsletters may be entered as part of an entry in General Excellence).
4. The following are not eligible to enter the National Magazine Awards: company publications intended primarily for and distributed solely to employees and their associates or customers; marketing and promotional websites; and magazines published in languages other than English and Spanish.
Only chief editors or their equivalents may enter their publication or organization in the National Magazine Awards. No article or photograph may be entered without the approval of the publication in which it appeared. The administrators of the National Magazine Awards reserve the right to determine if an entry is eligible for submission.
The following conditions also apply:
5. Print content must be dated 2021. See the Rules and Eligibility section for each category for exceptions.
6. Digital content must have been largely produced in 2021. Screenshots may be requested to verify publication dates.
7. Articles or examples of work, including podcasts and videos, may be entered in more than one category, but no entry can duplicate an entry in another category (a single article may, for example, be entered in one category and as part of a multipart series in another category).
8. Excerpts serialized from fiction and nonfiction books are not eligible except as part of an entry in General Excellence, Design, Photography and Single-Topic Issue
9. A website channel may submit entries separately from its parent site if the channel has an independent brand identity.
10. Media organizations that fund or partner in the publication of a finalist or winner will receive certificates of recognition.
11. Entries found to be in violation of commonly accepted editorial standards, including the ASME Guidelines for Editors and Publishers, may be disqualified at any time.
12. The administrators of the National Magazine Awards may at their own discretion extend the deadline for entry in any category.
See the Rules and Eligibility section for each category for more information.